Pavers unisex accessories set includes a hat, mittens and a cowl. The hat and mittens are written with 3 adult sizes and the cowl includes 2 sizes, which gives you plenty of options for the best fit. These three accessories are covered in diamond cable stitches that flow really well together. The interlocking cable pattern on the cowl makes for especially stunning accessories piece.
Pavers is available for sale directly from Twist Collective (click here) or you can purchase it through Ravelry (click here). The great thing about Twist Collective is that they provide fair payment to their designers. When you purchase a pattern from Twist Collective you know that you are supporting a publication that loves independent designers. They also provide wonderful technical editing, layouts, pictures which results in a publication of exceptional quality.
For the love of Cables: I am becoming a cable-loving junky. Those intertwined, accented stitches are worked together like a puzzle piece, and it’s so cool! Looking back at a cable-stitch path that I knit is very similar to how I feel when I hike to a mountain overlook. There is a deep sense of accomplishment there, and I love to take it all in. For Pavers I did some cable-work magic to make the diamond cable designs flow well with the decrease shaping for the hat and mittens. I think it the end result is beautiful. The cables on the cowl are interlocked in a repeating double-diamond cable pattern. I love designing interlocking stitch patterns, so it was a real delight to have the opportunity to create this design. The pattern includes written and charted cable instructions (woo-hoo!). I try to provide both when I can, for whatever knitting preferences you happen to have (I am a chart follower, myself).
Perfect for Fall: When I think about knitting, I almost always think of fall. I love when my patterns release for fall knitting, because I can then associate them with warm drinks, cool days, and changing colors. Accessories are especially wonderful to wear in the fall because you never know how the weather will change from morning-to-afternoon-to-night. So having the option to take off or pull on warm accesories is just so great. Accessories easily fit in a bag, trunk or tucked under your chair for when you need them next. I also love fall because it reminds me that holiday knitting is underway. Pavers provides such a variety of sizes and pieces, and is unisex – all of which make it a great pattern for holiday knitting. You can pick and choose which pieces would best fit your loved ones (which is super thoughtful of you).
Finished Measurements & Size
- Hat – Brim circumference: 17 1/4 (18 1/4, 19 1/2)” / 44 (46.5, 49.5) cm; Length: 9 (9 ½, 10 ¼)” / 23 (24, 26) cm. Shown in size 18 1/4” / 46.5 cm. Intended to be worn with up to 3” / 7.5 cm of negative ease.
- Mittens – Hand circumference: 6 3/4 (7 1/2, 8 1/4)” / 17 (19, 21) cm; Length: 10 1/4 (10 3/4, 11 1/4)” / 26 (27.5, 28.5) cm. Shown in size 7 1/2” / 27.5 cm. Intended to be worn with up to 1/2” / 1.5 cm of negative ease.
- Cowl – Circumference: 32 (60)” / 81.5 (152.5) cm; Height: 11” / 28 cm. Shown in size 32” / 81.5 cm.
- Suggested Yarn Stacy Charles Julie in Sapphire; 125 yd / 115 m per 1 ¾ oz / 50 g ball; 75% Extrafine Merino Wool / 25% Silk; 2 balls for hat, 2 balls for mittens and 5(9) balls for cowl.
Needles for Hat Size 4 US / 3.5 mm circular needle, 16” / 40 cm long; Size 6 US / 4 mm circular needle, 16” / 40 cm long and needles in preferred style for small circumference knitting in the round.
- Needles for Mittens Size 4 US / 3.5 mm needles in preferred style for small circumference knitting in the round; Size 6 US / 4 mm needle in preferred style for small circumference knitting in the round.
- Needles for Cowl Size 6 US / 4 mm circular needle, 32 (40)” / 80 (100) cm long.
- 21 stitches and 32 rows = 4 inches in Stockinette stitch
- Intermediate knitting skills
Casting on/binding off
Working in the round with circular needles and double-pointed needles
- Knitting & purling
Decreasing and increasing
Working cable stitches with a cable needle
Thanks goes to…
- Thanks to Stacy Charles Fine Yarns for the yarn support for this project.
- Twist Collective team for allowing me to write a pattern for their collection, and for providing top-notch editing, photography, styling and graphic designing. I hope I have the opportunity to work with them again!
I would love to see your finished Pavers hats, mittens and cowls on Instagram and Twitter, so please tag your projects #KnitPavers and #NikkiWagnerKnits. Please also share your progress and finished projects on Ravelry, where I knit under the name NikWagner! And click here to find the Ravelry page for this pattern (attach link). Happy Knitting, friends! Please also join my Ravelry group to talk with other knitters about this design and to find out more about my designs.